This vegan Homemade Granola is one of those recipes that you will never get bored from. I usually change some of the ingredients every time I make a new batch but I always keep the basics. This vegan homemade granola is naturally sweeten and has thanks to the cinnamon and turmeric has anti inflammatory benefits.
My basic granola recipe:
2 or 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Turmeric
1 1/2 cup of Oats
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tbsp shredded Coconut
1/2 cup of Sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of Pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup Any dry fruit (goji berries, raisins, apricots, cranberries etc.)
1 cup of crushed nuts (you can mix few different type of nuts).
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl (except the dry fruit!)
- Mix the coconut oil, Maple syrup, Cinnamon and Turmeric in another bowl
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir good
- Preheat the oven on 190 C (375 F)
- Place a baking sheet on a baking tray and spread your granola well (still dont put the dry fruit:)
- Put it in the oven and bake it for 30/40 min. Stir it every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once it has golden color your granola is ready and you can take it out to cool.
- After your granola is cooled down you can add the dry fruits, give it one more final stir and stow it in your favorite container.
The granola can last for up to 6 months but I usually finish mine in 2 weeks 🙂
You can eat it mixed with your favorite yogurt or any type of milk (I always use plant based milk and yogurt) paired up with your favorite seasonal fruit and any other topping you love.